Thursday, May 21, 2015

WIFI on the Road

I am getting to expect WIFI everywhere and it is most irritating when it's not available in an airport.

New York (JFK) in May was awful.  I flew in from Toronto and had to wait outside security all day to check-in for a flight to Istanbul.  The airport is crammed, no seats, only the poorest quality of fast food and coffee, few plug-in areas for devices were packed, no WIFI.  You had to have your own private account. by the month.  Even if I had an access card for an airline lounge, I wouldn't be able to get to it as they are all behind security.

Even paying for it is difficult because you have to join or subscribe to things.   I couldn't make pay WIFI work in Heathrow in November --- joined the airport network and paid, but it wouldn't let me in.

I looked into Access card for airport lounges, but I am not sure it will pay off.   I will try it sometime though.  You still have to pay $27 for access and there is a time limit. sooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment